Operating System: Windows 8.1
Antivirus version: HitmanPro.Alert
Many programs we download today have many built-in applications that install unnecessary software without a user’s knowledge, usually leaving adware or Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP). These PUP slow down the computer and may lead to future infections on the computer.
With this in mind, we will be looking at how to easily install HitmanPro.Alert, as well as tune settings for maximum computer coverage.
How to Install HitmanPro.Alert
- Download HitmanPro.Alert.
- Run the installation of HitmanPro.Alert once the file is finished downloading:
- Once the download is done, you might receive a "Security Warning." This pop-up will ask if you would like to run the file.
- Once the file is running you are greeted with a small rectangular box with the instructions and settings before installing the program.
In this case, I chose Maximum Protection and a malware scan after to launch after installation.
However, if you would like to change these settings, feel free! Once you choose the settings click Install.
- After clicking install, the program should install rather quickly and you will see HitmanPro.Alert's interface.
- You’re done! You’ve completed the installation and you can begin using the software and some of the features it offers.
After the installation has finished, there may be some features that you would like, but are currently not working.
There are some settings you can select for maximum protection:
To enable these "hidden features," begin with clicking the little gear icon in the program located at the top right:
- Click Advanced Interface.
Advanced user interface - HitmanPro.Alert
- Once clicked, you can now change features by clicking on the icons.
- Find the orange icon with the vest; underneath it, there will be box with a needle which you can click.
After clicking on it, a side bar should show up with details of this protection called "Vaccination." This option is turned off by default, but I recommend turning it on because it disguises your computer as a malware researcher which in turn makes certain malware terminate itself.
Select the Advanced Vaccination feature
- After you configure the "Vaccination" mode, click on the Safe Browsing icon and make sure it’s enabled because sometimes this feature is turned off.
That’s about it! Really simple!
You’re completely protected by the maximum settings offered by HitmanPro.Alert!
If you have any feedback, I would love to hear your comments which you can submit on our contact form.
To stay updated when we publish new antivirus reviews and articles, follow us on our social networks pages where we communicate with our readers.